Monday, March 9, 2020

Final Project Progress

From our last class we have not gotten much done. We are still sticking to plan, but working much slower. We have not been able to film as we simply could not get together. I worked all day Saturday and they had soccer practice. By the time I was off, it was dark and we need light to continue our filming. This left Sunday, and due to poor weather, it knocked away the whole day. This left us some time to discuss the next week what our plans were. We knew we had to continue the progress, and finish filming. We just needed to make sure we were all on the same page with what we wanted to do. We deliberated how the movie was going to end as our original ending could no longer work.
        We decided we would fake me jumping into the water, as it was not safe to jump in for real. We could not actually film me jumping in, but we could make it seem like I do. We want to film me jumping off, and cutting right before I do. Then have an shot of me from below jumping into a pool so it will create the same effect. I think this is the best as it will create the same effect for the ending. They proposed we end differently, sort of like a chase that keeps going. I did not like this as it doesn't keep the story going. We also discussed the continuous editing. From the peer editing, we knew what had to change and we were ready to implement these things until we had more footage. Having a gap week was nice as it allowed us to regroup and get ready for a big week to progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment